As a community, it is of great importance to share and listen to each other, to develop understanding and love, and be nourished and inspired by each other’s aspirations and practice – so we invite you to share with us, whether you are new to the practice or a long-term practitioner.
We welcome sharings that relate to mindfulness practice and are from the heart. These could be in the form of words or a combination of words and pictures, art, videos, poetry, songs or spoken word. Some questions to help inspire you could be:
- How is your mindfulness practice going for you? How have you benefited?
- What has been your experience of starting a Wake Up community or attending one?
- What has inspired you to turn to mindfulness practice? And this tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh?
- What do you find difficult about this practice?
- Do you have any stories of transformation or any insights you’ve had?
- What do you feel passionate about and how do you integrate mindfulness into this? Eg. a particular cause, an activity, a sport, an occupation
- What has your experiences been of attending mindfulness retreats?
- How is your practice of the Five Mindfulness Trainings going?
Please submit your sharings to email@example.com. Please include your name, a few sentances about yourself, a picture of your face (if you’re comfortable with that) and any relevant links to your personal website. We will post them on our blog as an article, and post the link to our Facebook and Twitter pages. Your article may need to be edited in some parts and we’ll make sure you’re ok with what we will publish. We will not publish anything which we feel is unsuitable for our blog.
“In order to be beautiful, you have to be yourself, you don’t need to be someone else. Be yourself like a lotus, she is beautiful by herself, she does not have to transform herself into a rose or another flower. There is a seed of joy, love, happiness in you. If you allow these seeds to manifest, you are a beautiful flower in a garden of humanity.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
You may feel you’re not particularly talented at writing and so don’t feel good enough to share. Don’t worry about offering something perfect! Besides, what is perfect? Please put those inadequate feelings gently aside. This is a space for you to share from your heart, because when you do, there’s always something precious and beautiful about that